Friday 21 February 2014

Brief 3 : Wabi-Sabi in graphic design

I have been thinking of doing some printed ephemera for Lizzi Knight, so that she could use it within her collection. Therefore taking the concept of Wabi-Sabi I have looked into imperfections embraced in graphic design. This is a topic I have looked into before, ranging from glitches in design to scanned in shake mistake experiments.

However I have recently come across the work of Rosie Pope, who has produced some really interesting dark room experiments. Find her blog here http://rosiepope.blogspot.co.uk

She produced they typographic experiment by painting developer on the paper. This is a really interesting process that I am dying to try. I have talked to Jessie and Lizzi about this and they are fond of the idea. I believe that we are taking some film cameras with us to the shoot at Bolton Abbey.

Rosie Pope : Dark Room typographic experiments





























































Scanned in typography experiments

This method is great for showing off imperfections in typography.























Album cover

The album cover shows a warped photograph, again showing off how computer software can completely distort an image. The silver foiling is a great touch and would look great in on fashion collection look book.







Spreads

Below are some simple spreads from a look book I came across recently. I like the unconventional way of laying out images. The negative space draws your eye to the photography. 




























0 comments:

Post a Comment